Incidents involving a shoplifter, a go-cart and a cow topped Safety News Alert’s list of bizarre accident stories for 2013.
Here are our top 5, measured by your clicks:
- Employee knocked over, killed in shoplifter chase. When a Wal-Mart loss prevention employee chased a shoplifter, a co-worker was knocked over and killed in the process.
- Employee crashes go-cart at work event. Everyone loves team-building exercises, right? This poor employee has a new reason to dislike them after he was thrown from a go-cart at an amusement park.
- Injured by cow. A 1,200-pound cow that had just given birth suddenly charged a farm hand and barreled into him, damaging his spinal cord and causing the loss of the use of his legs.
- Did foot blister lead to costly workers’ comp case? It all started with a blister on a worker’s foot which he thought came from wearing new steel-toed boots. Things went from bad to worse, and the employee’s leg had to be amputated below the knee because of a staph infection.
- Worker crushed to death first day on the job. An employee was cleaning under the hoist of a palletizing machine when a co-worker restarted the palletizer. The employee who was cleaning was crushed to death.
Have any strange injury cases to share with us? Let us know in the comments below.