Safety News Alert is delighted to consider articles from contributors that are informative and authoritative.
SAFETY NEW ALERT’S MISSION
To enable Safety managers and executives to excel by giving them the information, guidance and tools that will allow them to devise was to handle the myriad of issues that arise both daily and in the strategic long-term.
WHO READS US
Our audience is made up of executives and Safety managers. We get more than 70,000 visits a month. They’re looking for the latest Safety news, insight, ideas, how-tos, etc. to help them become better at their jobs.
Submissions must meet Safety News Alerts’s quality standards in order to get published.
Here are our guest post guidelines:
- Be original, unique, and never published before.
- Be interesting and well-written.
- Be authoritative and credible. We put extra emphasis on this. We’re looking for people with real Safety expertise and credentials, not writers who are generalists. We prefer experts with a social media presence when possible.
- Please avoid being self-promotional in the body of your article. Save that for your author bio.
- If you’d like to use the article you’re providing us on your own site, we’d appreciate it if you would hold off publishing it there for 3 months.
- We reserve the right to edit and adapt your article as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- We reserve the right to include calls-to-action to Safety News Alert content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.
Editorial content can use a mixture of these approaches:
- Conversational tone. Speak to readers as equals.
- Straight-forward, fast read, plain English.
- Give perspective.
- Relate content to real-life situations.
- Help, not lecture.
- Have a sense of humor when appropriate.
- Don’t be afraid to break the rules, think outside the box.
- Tell stories.
- Provide helpful lists and how-tos.
- Be personable.
1,000 to 1,500 words is our target. But quality of the post is a lot more important than the length.
Areas We Focus On
- Safety Leadership and Strategy
- Safety Management
- Workers’ Compensation
- Safety Culture
BEFORE YOU WRITE YOUR ARTICLE
Email firstname.lastname@example.org a short proposal or outline of what your piece would be. We don’t want you to waste your time on something that won’t work for Safety News Alert.
PLEASE SUBMIT A BIO
We will need a short bio (2 or 3 sentences at max) for you and a photo. Please include a link to your blog and/or Twitter handle. We can’t get too carried away on the links. Google doesn’t like that.
LAST MINUTE HOUSEKEEPING
- Submit your articles in Word.doc formatting.
- Credit all sources, assets and use common sense.
- Charts, graphs, data visualizations, or anything else that adds value or clarity is encouraged.
- Articles are subject to our editing.
- Send your finished article to email@example.com .