Tell me if you’ve heard this one: “At our company, safety is everyone’s job.”
When that statement is true, it’s a great thing.
But, even when safety is everyone’s job, there’s only one name under safety on the org chart — and if you’re reading this, chances are it’s yours.
Often, safety leaders head up a department of one.
And that can make you lonelier than the Maytag repair man.
Where do you go to stay connected to the world of safety and what your peers at other companies are doing to prevent injuries?
We hope Safety News Alert will be your No. 1 source to stay up-to-date on safety news, read how others handle safety-related situations in their workplaces and exchange comments with your peers on these issues.
What will you find here?
- The latest safety news, including updates on OSHA standards
- Who Got Fined and Why? — highlights of trends in fines and violations
- What’s Working in Safety — a real-life safety success story
- What Would You Do? — a safety scenario and how three of your peers would handle it
- Bizarre Accident of the Week — the name says it all
- The Cost of Safety — including ways to control it.
We will add new stories each business day, so please check back regularly. If there’s something you have a question about or would like to contribute, e-mail email@example.com.
Fred Hosier Editor Safety News Alert