An explosion at a worksite may cost an employee his leg, if attempts to reattach it fail.
Workers were cleaning and dismantling old gasoline storage tanks at a Miami, FL, convenience store when the explosion occurred.
Rescue workers rushed the 38-year-old man to the hospital in hopes doctors may be able to reattach the leg, which was severed below the knee.
Two workers were cleaning and dismantling two 3,000-gallon gas tanks after they were dug up at the store.
While cutting through one tank, a spark from a saw ignited fumes. The tanks hadn’t been used for 20 years.
Part of one tank struck the one worker’s leg.