OSHA has proposed $99,000 in fines against a stamping company after an employee’s hand was crushed while operating a 75-ton mechanical power press.
Wrico Stamping Co. of Grapevine, TX, has 15 days to decide whether to contest the fines.
OSHA cited Wrico for:
- one willful violation for failing to perform regular inspections of mechanical power presses
- one serious violation for failing to provide safety blocks on mechanical presses
- one serious violation for not providing adequate supervision while employees are working on hazardous equipment
- one serious violation for not giving employees adequate training for maintaining mechanical equipment, and
- one other-than-serious violation for failing to report an amputation injury within 30 days.