The horror of an employee getting a body part caught in a machine is bad enough. Just imagine an incident resulting in an at-the-workplace amputation.
Naya Miah’s arm became trapped in an industrial printer at his family-run business in Oldham, England. Other family members saw the incident happen.
An eyewitness told the Oldham Advertiser that Miah’s hand looked like it had been steamrolled. It was completely mangled and caught in the machine.
When medics arrived, their first inclination was to try to dismantle the press to free Miah.
After it became evident that the dismantling process would take too long and cause him further injury, medics called in an emergency surgery team who amputated his arm in the print shop.
He’s now in stable condition at a local hospital.
Accounts of the accident don’t explain how Miah’s arm got caught in the machine.