The National Safety Council’s 2014 Congress marked the official kick-off of a program to help small- to medium-size companies get the resources they need to keep their employees safe.
The NSC’s Journey to Safety Excellence is based on a strategy of continuous improvement which calls for:
- committed leadership and engaged employees
- safety management systems
- removing risk, and
- continually measuring and improving performance.
Among the NSC tools available to companies:
- Safety System Assessment: a 69-question survey to evaluate your safety program and receive a personalized report on the effectiveness of your current safety management system
- Employee Safety Perception Study: This will evaluate how your employees view your company’s safety culture and benchmark their responses against others. An individual report will highlight areas where your company can improve, and
- Incident Rate Calculator: Enter your monthly data and compare it against industry averages. Your individual report will spot hidden trends in data that warn of problems or show improvement.