The U.S. Department of Labor issued guidance to help employers understand the standards most frequently cited during OSHA COVID-19 inspections.
An accompanying one-pager provides examples of requirements employers must follow, including:
- providing a medical evaluation before a worker is fit-tested for, or uses, a respirator
- establishing a written respiratory protection program with worksite-specific procedures
- training and retraining workers to safely use respirators and other PPE
- respirator storage procedures, and
- recordkeeping of work-related fatalities, injuries and illnesses.