Through Oct. 22, 2020, federal OSHA has cited 144 facilities for coronavirus violations, with fines totaling $2,025,431.
- Mission Care of Illinois LLC (Abbott EMS), Belleville, with the highest initial penalty of $24,215
- the second highest fine, $23,133, at two facilities: The Silvercrest Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, Briarwood, NY; and Maryhaven Center of Hope Inc. in Port Jefferson, NY, and
- the lowest fine, $1,475, to 88 Clark Lane Operating LLC, Waterford, CT.
Similar to previous lists released by OSHA, healthcare facilities dominate the 32 additions this week.
For the week of Oct. 16-22, the fines for all 32 facilities add up to $421,887 – an average of $13,184 per facility.
OSHA coronavirus inspections have resulted in citations for failure to:
- implement a written respiratory protection program
- provide a medical evaluation, respirator fit test, or training on the proper use of a respirator and PPE
- report an injury, illness or death
- record an injury or illness on OSHA forms, and
- comply with the General Duty Clause.
Click here for OSHA’s COVID-19 webpage to help employers comply with these standards.