Wednesday, August 31st, 2022 | Choose your preferred time
The Evolution of Safety | Lessons Learned from Real Events in History
From Chernobyl and Cocoanut Grove to Deep Water Horizon and the Station Nightclub Fire, history has given us many lessons on the impact of safety and what we can be doing to improve it.
With the role of the safety professional expanding beyond just protecting workers at the worksite, it’s now staying safe 24/7.
This webinar will take key lessons learned from history and apply them to current safety situations today. From safety culture to third-party management, this is one webinar you won’t want to miss.
Join Laurie Knape, ASP,CSP,CLCS, as she discusses:
- Events in history with a significant impact on safety today (unfortunately, most are tragedies of epic proportions)
- How a technicality over the term “publicly accessible” led to the deaths of 492 Americans – and sparked a call for safety reform
- The true legacy of the Chernobyl disaster – and why there’s yet to be a repeat
- How a heavy metal band’s out-of-control pyrotechnics continue to influence current fire safety codes and regulations to this day
- Still evolving safety trends you need to be aware of
- 9 characteristics of effective safety programs – and how to ensure leadership and worker buy-in
- What’s been done – and being done – to better prevent major safety incidents in the future
Laurie Knape, CSP, ASP, CLSC, HSE Professional Regulatory and Industry Relations at Avetta
Laurie is the Vice-Chair for ASSP – Energy Corridor and Regulatory Chair for the Gulf Coast Safety and Training Group. She’s a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, as well as a member of The Institute of Internal Auditors.
She’s a recipient of the 2021 Women in Supply Chain Award 2021 and was named to America Occupational Safety’s “Top Women in Safety 2021.”
REGISTER FOR THIS FREE WEBINAR NOW
Can’t attend the webinar live? Sign up anyway and we’ll send you the recording when the event is over.
You will also be subscribed to our email newsletter that delivers practical advice, resources, and products to help you navigate everyday safety challenges.
You can unsubscribe from emails at any time.