“Pain, increasing shortness of breath, increasing fear, increasing terror, and awareness of impending death.” That’s how a medical expert described the asphyxiation deaths of two workers at a commercial laundry. Now a court has upheld an almost $3.37 million award to the families of the two victims.
Cal-OSHA is investigating the deaths of two brothers who were working at a compost center in Lamont, CA. They were overcome by fumes in a confined space.
A national workplace safety organization has compiled a list of its top 10 deadliest workplace tragedies for 2010.
This tragic story provides an important reminder to workers about confined spaces: If they don’t have the proper equipment and training to perform a rescue, they’re risking their own lives by going in to help a co-worker.
OSHA is investigating an incident in a Pennsylvania supermarket in which 11 people were sickened by carbon monoxide produced by workers renovating the store.
Any heavy, movable object can be a crushed-by hazard to workers, as this bizarre case involving a Texas cemetery shows.
As a safety pro, you’ve probably heard this claim: Once you get on OSHA’s inspection list, it’s tough to get off of it. A Midwest company can attest to that.
A hand surgeon recently performed six amputations on men who were injured using snowblowers. That sounds bad enough, but it gets worse: Those operations all occurred during just one afternoon following a snowstorm.
Generators can be real life savers in the wake of a natural disaster such as a hurricane or blizzard. However, they also come with quite a few serious hazards, including: electrocution from improper use of power or accidental energizing of other electrical systems carbon monoxide from the exhaust fires from improper refueling, and noise and […]
Turns out “worked to death” isn’t just a phrase used by busy employees. Recent government figures say it actually happens.
It’s usually video of the aftermath that shows the destructive power of tornadoes. However, the recent outbreak of twisters near Dallas provided a picture of the havoc during the storms: video of tractor trailers being picked up and dropped like toys. Click through for a link to the video and advice for safe tornado response.
OSHA filed a lawsuit against a Texas hotel operator after an employee was allegedly fired for going to the hospital for treatment of carbon monoxide exposure that occurred on the job. The employee reported they were feeling ill from exposure to carbon monoxide, but the employer refused the request and then allegedly threatened to terminate […]
Two recent incidents, one of them fatal, show the dangers of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning — a hazard that crops up every winter.
As winter arrives, it’s a good time to remind workers not to start gas-powered engines in enclosed spaces. The result is too often fatal.
SAFETY TRAINING KITS
Get up to date with our Safety Training Kits.