Federal OSHA cited 37 businesses for COVID-related violations with proposed fines totaling $484,069.
Since the start of the pandemic, the agency cited 37 establishments for exposing workers to COVID-19, according to a Department of Labor news release.
The violations include failure to:
- implement written respiratory protection program
- provide medical evaluation, respirator fit test, training on proper use of respirator and PPE
- report injury, illness or fatality
- record injury or illness on OSHA recordkeeping forms, and
- comply with General Duty Clause.
OSHA released information on nine establishments’ violations in previous news releases, and information on the other 28 businesses, the state they are located and the amount of the COVID-related fine can be found below:
Note: Individual inspections at the same facility are counted as individual establishments in the news release, but they are grouped together below.
- Clara Maass Medical Center, Belleville, NJ, two inspections for $23,133 and $23,133 (total of $46,266).
- Hackensack Meridian Health System, North Bergen, NJ, two inspections for $25,061 and $13,494 (total of $38,555).
- Hudson Hospital OpCo LLC, Jersey City, NJ, two inspections for $21,205 and $15,422 (total of $36,627).
- Hackensack Meridian Health Inc., Edison, NJ, for $25,061.
- Bell Medical Transport LLC, Orange, NJ, for $24,290.
- Atrium Post-Acute Care of Wayneview, Wayne, NJ, for $22,555.
- Natchaug Hospital Inc., Mansfield Center, CT, for $13,494.
- Arbor Management Services LLC, Atlanta, GA, for $13,494.
- Care One at Livingston Assisted Living, Livingston, NJ, for $13,494.
- HMH Residential Care Inc., Wall Township, NJ, for $13,494.
- 2 Deer Park Drive Ops LLC, Monmouth Junction, NJ, for $13,494.
- Massapequa Center LLC, Amityville, NY, for $13,494.
- Jewish Home Lifecare, Home Assistance Personnel Inc., New York City, for $13,494.
- Brooklyn Queens Nursing Home Inc., Brooklyn, NY, for $12,145.
- Valley Physician Services Inc., Waldwick, NJ, for $9,639.
- Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center Inc., Arverne, NY, for $9,639.
- Valley Hospital Inc., Ridgewood, NJ, for $8,675.
- Ahava Medical & Rehabilitation Center LLC, Brooklyn, NY, for $8,675.
- Crothall Healthcare Inc., Laredo, TX, for $2,121.
- Department of Veteran Affairs, Indianapolis, three inspections with no proposed penalty.
- South Mountain Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, Vauxhall, NJ, no proposed penalty.
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Newark, NJ, no proposed penalty.
- Luis O. Herrera M.D. P.C., Freeport, NY, no proposed penalty.
A full list of inspection numbers and what standards were cited for each establishment can be found here.